Strategic leadership is more important now than in past decades, it most surely will become even more essential in the coming years.
The organization's leaders must articulate the organization's mission and objectives and then inspire, motivate, and support the firm's members as they work together to implement the organization's strategies.
Six leadership roles dominate the strategyimplementer's action agenda:
- Staying on top of what is happening and how well things are going.
- Promoting a culture in which the organization is "energized" to accomplish strategy and perform at a high level.
- Keeping the organization responsive to changing conditions, alert for new opportunities, and bubbling with innovative ideas.
- Building consensus, dealing with the politics of strategy formulation and implementation, and containing " power struggles ."
- Enforcing ethical standards.
- Taking corrective actions to improve strategy execution and overall strategic performance.
Each strategy implementation situation is unique to the organization. Therefore, the strategy implementer's action agenda always depends on the current situation.
Previous page Next page